Long Term Trunk Network Monitoring
Capital Water Systems Ltd. are currently contracted to maintain 16 survey monitoring locations throughout the city of Dublin for the purposes of monitoring Flow and billing for other Local Authorities. The catchments vary in size, with installations ranging from 300mm diameter local catchments to trunk sewers measuring 1750mm in diameter.
Challenges associated with this project included safe access and egress for all the sites, out of hours works, understanding the effects of rainfall on individual sites, surcharging and ragging and its affect on instrumentation, data consistency and upgrading of equipment and monitoring systems.
Solutions Delivered To Client
- Significant decrease in maintenance costs and emergency call outs
- Complete upgrade of all flow survey instrumentation leading to 80% decrease in emergency call outs
- Upgrade to web based data monitoring system
- Upgrade to alarm system in the sewer network
- Significant increase in flow data consistency at each location
- Consistent data capture at previous problem sites