Cork Lower Harbour
Main Drainage Scheme Flow Load & Rainfall Survey
The project included the installation and maintenance of 12 Sewer Flow and Load sites, over 40 additional Sewer Flow sites and 12 Raingauge sites in 4 separate catchments in the Cork.
The project involved twice weekly maintenance of all equipment over a period of 6 weeks with 14 days continuous 24 hour composite sampling at the 12 load locations.
Solutions Delivered To Client
- Consistent accurate data capture at monitoring locations
- Supplied & maintained all monitoring equipment as required for duration of the contract
- Additional monitoring as requested
- Completion of 14 days continuous sampling at 12 sites with consistent flow data over the period for each of the sites
- Successful completion of on-site work with no impact on client activities
- Continued office support following contract completion
- Consistent information on flow rates and loadings in the various lower harbour catchments
- Information on infiltration and impact of surface water in the catchments
- Highlighting where improvements to the certain areas of the network would have a significant benefit to the overall system
- Identification of losses through CSOs
Verification of tidal influence in certain catchment areas