Beach Monitoring Contract
Capital Water Systems were employed by Galway City Council to carry out monitoring and sampling at three separate beach and outfall locations in the Ballybane/Renmore/Mervue area of Galway.
The aim of the project was to determine to what extent, if any, the outfalls were contributing to Bathing Water quality issues at Ballyloughaun Beach.
Solutions Delivered To Client
- Consistent accurate flow data from all flow and CSO monitoring sites
- Consistent sample capture
- Identification of possible problem CSO with very low threshold spill activation
- Confirmation of rainfall intensity rates for CSO activation
- Confirmation that remedial work on CSO did not back site flows downstream