Filtralite® as a biofilm carrier in fixed bed water treatment process
In biological filters, biomass is fixed to the Filtralite media, which also works well as a mechanical filter for suspended solids.
Filtralite Clean offers:
- great specific area for biofilm growth combined to high void ratio,
- high number of macropores,
- a very efficient process on volumetric bases,
- lighter density than traditional media,
- and high resistance to abrasion.
Filtralite® in tertiary granular filters for an improved physical filtration
Filtralite Clean is also excellent for tertiary filtration.
Compared to traditional filter media, Filtralite has much higher porosity, which gives
- lower initial head loss,
- slower head loss build up,
- higher particle storage capacity,
- lower backwash rates,
- and lower operational costs.
Existing Filtralite filters operate around 15 m/h – 20 m/h.